CARROT RISK TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED (“We” or “us”) take your privacy seriously and are fully committed to handling the information we collect from you in a secure and responsible manner. We are dedicated to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with [our Terms and Conditions of use and] any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis upon which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us when you are using our website, www.carrotinsurance.com (the “Site”). Please read this policy carefully before you use the Site and/or register with us. If you do not agree with the ways in which we intend to use your personal information, then please do not continue to use the site.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation including any subsequent legislation, the data controller is CARROT RISK TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07771243, whose registered office is at Global House, Westmere Drive, Crewe, CW1 6ZD.
Collecting and using your personal information
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information you give to us
You may give us information about you by:
- Browsing the Site (e.g. your IP address, operating system and browser type)
- Inputting information to the Site (e.g. by completing a contact request form).
- corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise (we may record and/or monitor calls for quality checks, staff training and to help us detect, prevent or combat fraud or other crime).
- Downloading, installing and using the Better Driver smartphone application. (e.g. information about your phone, your location and photographs you provide us through the app).
This includes information you provide when you browse the Site, participate in any sharing or social media functions on the Site or carry out any other activity via the Site, or when you report a problem with the Site or discuss your potential registration on the site.
The personal information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and anything else that you choose to share with us when doing any of the activities mentioned in this section.
We may use this information:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;• to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;• to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to check or confirm your identity if you contact us about your use of the Site or to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud or other crime;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device. We may use information from cookies and similar technologies to help us with this;
- to create aggregated or statistical data to use for analytical or research purposes to understand and improve customer service, Site experience, and your interest in our products and services. We may share anonymised, aggregated or statistical information with third parties for their similar purposes;
- to provide you with information about our Site or goods or services which we feel may interest you, only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you. We will only provide your data to third parties for this purpose if you have expressly given your consent for us to do so.
- Information we collect about you
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Site, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location data, browser plug-in types and versions, language preference, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer support services number;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for our own research purposes, although you do not have to respond to these requests.
We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service and connect the Site with social media platforms;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to provide you with information about other goods or services which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you. We will only provide your data to third parties for this purpose if you have given your consent for us to do so.
- Information we receive from and share with other sources
We work closely with the following third parties:
- Advertising and marketing, analytics and social media providers. This will involve sharing data including user data (e.g. what’s in your browser history), details of the information collected whilst using the Site, social data (e.g. links that you have clicked on and what they relate to), and communications data (relating to queries or complaints received by phone, email or text), and personal information (your full name);
- Selected third party partners. Anonymised analytical information may be shared to help them understand your use of the Site in order to improve their products and services offered to you through the Site.
Use of the Better Driver smartphone app
if you use the Better Driver smartphone app we will need to collect, access and share data from your mobile device for the purpose of app functionality and performance improvements.
The app will access personal data on your mobile device through:
- Information you provide to us (i.e. photo uploads)
- Information held on your mobile device (e.g. Phone model, device ID and OS version)
- Information you have permitted the app to access via app permissions
The app will access/ collect the following data:
- Device background location through network and GPS (to enable the app to automatically detect trips)
- Camera (to enable documents to be submitted through the app)
- Phone calls and read status/ identity (to allow phone calls to be made through the app)
- Wifi, Bluetooth, and network status and connections
- Phone model, Device ID and OS version
We will share your personal data with Third Parties for the purpose of calculating driving style scores, assessing the performance and stability of the app and improving the features and performance of the app. Your Driving data may be used by Third Parties on our behalf for the purpose of analytics and improving app functionality however will be anonymised before being shared for this purpose.
Storage and deletion of your personal information
All personal information you provide to us will be stored on our secure servers or those of third parties or contractors we engage to help us run our business. We will ensure that we keep information for no longer than we need to give effect to the purpose for which we collected it. The period of time for which we keep personal information depends on any legal retention period to which we are subject and according to business needs.
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and held by us, or third parties/contractors at a destination outside the European Economic Area that does not have equivalent data protection laws to those in the UK. We will put in place appropriate measures for the secure and confidential treatment of such personal information and will inform you before any of your data is transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take appropriate measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The site may include social networking features. Please ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal information that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
Other disclosures of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, where we think it appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Carrot Risk Technologies Limited, its staff and contractors and partners, visitors to the Site or others. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime.
We may also share your personal details with any person (and their and our legal and professional advisers for this purpose) with whom we are negotiating any sale, transfer or re-organisation of the business. If this sale, transfer or re-organisation goes ahead, the acquiring party of the business or part of it may use your personal information in the same ways as set out in this policy.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them (including those linked to your location) have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the processing of your personal information by those parties. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You have the right to access a copy of the information we hold about you, and to ask us to rectify any information which we hold which is incorrect. We will endeavour to respond to any request for information without undue delay and will respond at the latest within one month of the date we receive your request. If we will be unable to meet your request within this timescale, we will write to you setting out the reasons why. We reserve the right to ask you to specify the information or processing activities to which your subject access request relates.
Any access request will be free of charge, although we may charge you a reasonable fee to meet our administration costs if you request further copies of the same information.
Unless you inform us otherwise, we will provide you with the information you request electronically in a form which is commonly machine-readable. If you would prefer this information in another format, we reserve the right to make a reasonable charge for our administrative fees associated with converting the information to that alternative format.
Please help us to keep your personal details up to date by promptly notifying us of any changes, for example if you change address or telephone number. If you need to change your personal details or preferences at any time, please contact us (please see the ‘Contact us’ section of this policy).
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk , Tel 0303 123 11132.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy, or you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer, James Hulsken, please contact us at:
LiveChat : www.carrotinsurance.com/contact -us/
Post: Carrot Risk Technologies Limited, Global House, Westmere Drive, Crewe, CW1 6ZD