A guide to taking out insurance with Carrot
Decided you want to go ahead with our policy?
Buying car insurance with Carrot is very straightforward and can be done online or over the phone with a debit or credit card.
Getting an accurate car insurance quote
If you’re applying for black box or smartphone app based insurance with us, make sure you give full, accurate and honest answers to all our questions so we can provide you with an accurate quote. Some info you’ll need to have handy:
- The registration or the make and model of the car you want to insure
- Double check whether it’s been modified inside or outside in any way
- How many miles per year you think/know you’ll be driving
- Where the car will usually be kept overnight
- Confirmation that you’ll be the main driver of the car
- Whether you’re a student or you work, in which case we’ll need to know what your job is
- Any named driver details such as DOB, date they passed their test and any penalty points they may have
What docs do you need to provide Carrot with?
Once you’ve bought your policy, you’ll need to send us the following documents so we can validate your information:
- A picture of your full/provisional driving licence (both front and back)
- A PDF of your online driving licence counterpart (please click here for details of how to get this)
- Proof of any no claims discount (NCD) you might have built up
How you can send this stuff to us
- Email a screenshot, PDF, or photo to us (if you’re taking out a Better Driver policy, you can do this in the app)
The email address to send your docs to is firstname.lastname@example.org