What should I do if I’m involved in an accident?
Call us on 0333 355 2990. Our accident line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you have an accident, don’t worry, follow our advice below and we’ll help make the process as simple as possible:
- Stay calm and get somewhere safe. If you can call us, do so straight away. We are happy to talk to people involved and gather the information we need – day or night. If you can’t call us at the scene, make it a priority to report the accident immediately afterwards.
- Take down contact details of all people involved including any witnesses. We need their full name, address, phone number and car registration – even if it is a minor incident or those involved say they don’t want to claim.
- Make a note of how many people are in the cars involved and if anyone has been injured.
- Take pictures if you can of the cars and the scene of the accident.
- Depending on the scale of the accident you may be able to drive your car home. If this is the case, please take extra care and attention and if possible, get someone to come with you. Being in accident is stressful however small, so be aware of how you’re feeling and only drive when you’re sure you feel up to it.
- Having an accident doesn’t always mean you have to make a claim, we recommend getting in touch as soon as it’s safe to do so and we can talk through the options. Find out more about what to expect and how you can help make the process easier.